Sunday, August 12, 2007

Frames of Reference

I don't update for a week and I come in with a meme. This isn't good...

I tag Queer Ranter, cause he has good taste in music.

The challenge: Put your MP3 player on shuffle and list the first lines of the next 25 songs. First comment to name a song takes the honors! (Googling is cheating)

Meme stolen from this lady. (Yes, she is a lady)


1. Don't you wanna go for a ride? Just keep yours hand inside and make the most out of life (Male)
2. This is a call to the colorblind, this is an IOU (Male)
3. I've heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord (Male)
4. There's every good reason for letting you go (Male)
5. I walked across an empty land, I knew the pathway like the back of my hand (Male)
6. London Calling... aw shit.
6. Well she's sleeping on the sofa, she's laying in her sunday best (Male)
7. With you it's never good enough because you want the stuff that could change your future (Male)
8. I was wandering in the rain, mask of life feeling insane (Male)
9. I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine (Male)
10. I hear the clock, it's six am... I feel so far from where I've been (Female)
11. There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief (Male)
12. Where are we? What the hell is going on? Dust has only just begun to form crop circles in the carpet (Female)
13. I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind (Male)
14. I'm broke but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind (Female)
15. Oh my god. Becky. (spoken, Female)
16. I don't expect my love affairs to last for long, never fool myself that my dreams will come true. (Female)
17. Oh the shark has pretty teeth dear, and he shows them pearly white. (Male)
18. They told him don't you ever come around here, don't wanna see your face you better disappear (Male)
19. I am driving black on black, just got my license back I've got this feeling in my veins this train is coming off the track (Male)
20. You and I in a little toy shop, buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got (Female)
21. I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive (Male)
22. Hearts are worn in these dark ages, you're not alone in this story's pages (Female)
23. When there's a shadow you reach for the sun, when there is love then you look for the one (Female)
24. Someday out of the blue in a crowded street or a deserted square (Male)
25. When I was young I knew everything, she a punk who rarely ever took advice (Male)

Prizes for the highest winners!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay.

4, 10 and 14 look familiar but I can't place the tune. >_< Probably songs I haven't heard in ages.

15. "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mixalot.XD

25. "The Freshman," and I still don't know the artist. That's creepy, because the person I took this meme from also had that song in her list. XD

Ganymede said...

I have good taste in music?!

That's new... :P

Janvier said...

Rarely remember lyrics for songs, just tunes.

5. 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane.

10. 'You Were Meant For Me' by Jewel.

14. 'One Hand In My Pocket' by Alanis Morrisette.

16. 'Another Suitcase In Another Door' by Madonna.

21. 'Superman' by Five For Fighting.

23. 'Only If' by Enya! Gawds we recognized the lyrics but thought what POP song it was!!

25. 'The Freshman'? It's by Verve Pipe. Didn't recognize the lyrics.

Yeah, 4 looks kinda familiar too. Songs from the 90s?

savante said...

10. You Were Meant for Me by Jewel?

14. One Hand in my Pocket by Alanis Morrissette

16. Another Suitcase in Another Hall by ... Evita? Of course some would say Madonna.

17. Mack the Knife by tons of jazz singers

18. Beat It by Michael Jackson

25. Freshman by.. God knows who.

That's about it...

adrien said...

i'm awfully bad with lyrics, titles, singers, and well, english songs. (dramatic and epic japanese music for me, really)

but here goes.

5. somewhere only we know, keane (only cuz i got hooked on it and even tried to figure out the piao riffs lol)

13. oh this one!..hated it! housemates would play this song every morning to wake me up. "crazy"? well he did repetitively say that out during the chorus hehe..argh i'm just bad at this..

15. "i like big butts and i cannot lie"..blablablaaa whats the fucking title?! (cheats and reads the answer from mariah lol)

21. cryptonite? super man? oh screw it..(cheats again, and reads janvier's.)

oh well. i tried.

-C said...

I'm really surprised no one has picked up number 11.

Number 4 is Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind