Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cheer

So I've missed this blog's birthday by 8 days.

So... happy 1 year 8 day presence on the internet for me!

And I've missed it because I haven't been updating. I don't really have a reason for all the people who've kept asking me other than I stopped for some reason that I can't quite remember. More than likely it was related to laziness. Anyway, after that, getting back into it kind of always seemed awkward and like 'what would I say?'

But self-inflicted barriers are always easier torn than erected, so yeah, hi internet. I like setting things on fire. How about you?

BURN! BURN! BWAHAHAHA!

How to make a human being:
Add procrastination, sense of art and self into a large angst bowl.
Dash intelligence in minor sprinklings, but only once properly soaked in emotional marinade. Deploy sense of humor.
Mix hobbies into resulting batter until smooth.
Pour into self-centered container.
Season with reason.
Add perspective to taste.
Sunbake for x number of years, until brown and wrinkly.

I've been enjoying a bunch of new things recently. I write a column for this lady's magazine, and now that I've said that I fear I have to stop because I called her a lady and she might have me killed for slander or something.

I saw some awesome movies. Kung Fu Panda in particular was a very pleasant surprise. Ian McShane is a marvelous actor, and while Dustin Hoffman is always entertaining, look at this face and tell me you can't imagine him being a kung fu villian.
I haven't seen a non-pixar aniflick I liked better since Shrek. At this point I could go on and mention how awesome Hard Candy, In Bruges, and Perfume are, but you won't listen. (oh wait, Perfume has Dustin Hoffman in it too! And Alan Rickman! And In Bruges has Colin Farrell! Ralph Fiennes! Hard Candy is about pedophiles! Aaaaaaaaa)

Random stuff of the moment: God it's been a lovely day!

p.s. I should probably go do my assignments now eh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.