Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Between

Quiz: What's the best opportunity a day off gives you?

A: More chances to procrastinate, of course!

I've just not been feeling the work ethic recently. As in, the last two days. Sunday was alright, I had a big deadline due Monday morning but since then it's just been bleh. Blehness should be a codified human emotion, right next to Bigness and Buffoonery.

So I realized that what I liked about comic books; the visual medium, sometimes truly gorgeous art, can be laid low by the same. Sometimes big art and large splash pages with all the shiney colors and heroic contours (is there an A-cup superhero? I don't think so. Even The Wasp, whose powers involve becoming really small, is at least a B-C as far as I've always seen her portrayed) serves to draw away from the point. Or maybe there is no point.

Anyway, Ultimate Power, which is about how the Fantastic Four inadvertently piss off another superhero team from a parallel universe and need Iron Man et al. to rescue them. It opened very promisingly but devolved into panel-to-panel violence and not very precisely-executed plot.

And a _lot_ of D-cups. Come _on_.

Meanwhile I read a real comic (The Order of the Stick, it's in my sidebar -> way) and procrastinate some more.

No comments: